My madcap adventures in Germany during my year as a Fulbright Scholar.

06 January 2007

It's only mostly dead.


I'm not holding out too much hope, but I think there might be a little life left in there.

As you can tell by the picture, I'm back in Berlin. The picture also serves as a perfect illustration of how I felt when I got home.

Other tidbits from a long, crappy (but not uneventful) international journey:

  • I'm the only person I know who actually uses the airsickness bags on airplanes. I needed two of them today. Long international flights with bad food and no sleep really suck (but I must admit, I didn't actually get sick on the plane; I managed to wait until we reached the Munich airport).
  • I hardly remember the flight from Munich to Berlin. I was so sick, tired and sleep deprived that I just put my head between my knees and didn't look up until we landed in Berlin.
  • I thought about taking a taxi from the airport, but the bus was there and I'm a poor student so I took it. I was thrown for a loop when I realized they changed the bus route while I was gone. It didn't really affect me, though, and it only took me about twenty minutes to get home.
  • It's really scary when the person sitting one seat away from you has a medical emergency somewhere over the Atlantic. Luckily we didn't need do an emergency landing in Greenland.
  • And, yes, In that situation they really do ask over the PA, "Is there a doctor on board?" There was.


More pics and info. coming soon, when I've caught up on my rest.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we're glad you made it to Berlin safely...sorry to hear you were sick....rest a bit....

2:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home