My madcap adventures in Germany during my year as a Fulbright Scholar.

02 October 2006

Adventures in Knitting

Classes still haven’t started here, so I’ve had to find other ways to occupy my time. This is what I’ve been up to lately:


It’s an iPod nano sock, and it’s one of three that I’ve made since I’ve been here, although the other two aren’t as fancy. (I got the pattern here, in case you were wondering.)

I have plenty of places to knit: on the train, on the bus, at the laundromat. I’m currently working on a hat and a scarf, but I’d love an excuse to make another iPod sock. I’m a complete and utter knitting nerd and I love double-pointed needles. Plus, it’s so small that it knits up super-quickly, even using sock yarn and size one needles. Here’s another of my new iPod socks:


You know what the coolest part about it is? It’s seam-free.

Most of you reading this probably won’t appreciate that, but some might. (Are you reading, Dr. Lyons?) I love it when I can start something, knit and then be finished. No sewing, no grafting, no blocking, no making up, no piecing. It’s like magic. The Turkish Cast-On totally rocks my world.

And, yes, I do go out occasionally:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen: I really have no comment on your knitting other than I think it's neat. I did try to email you Friday about a couple of things I need to fill out the P.E.O. Scholar Award form. I assume your dad told you my P.E.O. chapter wants to sponsor you for this award. Anyway, I need to fill in the type of degree your are going for, what in, and the date the degree is expected. I am going to have all the paperwork sent to your parents address.

I love reading your blog! Carolyn carolyn.jimtaylor@gmail.com

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home