My madcap adventures in Germany during my year as a Fulbright Scholar.

24 June 2007

field work

Berlin is a very weird town.

I love to walk around with my camera just to see what I come across. Lately it's been lots of nature-y things.

Notice anything?


It may not seem like much to you, but this is the first squirrel that I've seen in Germany. It was so novel I had to take a picture; I only had to chase it around the cemetery for ten minutes before I could get a clear shot.


I also spotted a diplodocus at Hauptbahnhof.



After taking a picture of the massive dinosaur in the massive train station, I turned around to see a woman with an absolutely massive purse.


Seriously, have you ever seen anything like it?


After several days with late afternoon rain storms I came across some snails and slugs.




It's not quite as cute, though, when the creepy-crawlies follow you home. The hot weather combined with the lack of air conditioning means I keep my windows open 24/7, and because windows here don't have screens on them, I've had to deal with a lot of this:



Massive, mosquito-y-type bugs flying around my apartment. This is the third one I've had to kill. Or actually, come to think of it, it could be the second. I whacked one with a newspaper only to have the carcass disappear by the time I came back with the napkin.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was all good til I saw the slug; I saw a baby squirrel last weekend which is not a sight one gets too often. They must stay up in the trees until they are close to full grown. Pam

3:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home