My madcap adventures in Germany during my year as a Fulbright Scholar.

28 November 2006

What I've been up to lately

The seasons are changing, but I think Berlin is pretty despite the winter starkness.


I found a new heading/theme/catchphrase for my blog.


I visited East Berlin.


Anyone but me think it's kind of pretty, albeit in a bleak, depressing way?


All I want for Christmas:


I'm still trying to figure out the German fascination with Statler and Waldorf.


What I love most about shopping in Germany... the utter randomness.


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.


Even Germany isn't immune to the obnoxiously large Christmas decoration phenomenon.


I have no idea what this is doing here.


I went to a pretty lame Thanksgiving dinner. The location was beautiful,...


...but there weren't any chairs. (And, no, I don't know why.)


How cool is it that I go to a university with a giant quote from Karl Marx in bright gold letters in the foyer?


I snapped this on my way to school this morning, and I think it's both beautiful and depressing at the same time. On the one hand, the sun glinting through the trees and the outline of the 19th (?) century courthouse in the background are undeniably beautiful, but it's really depressing that the sun's so low in the sky at 2:00 p.m.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

"Philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways, the point, however, is to change it."

9:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home